Thursday, September 29, 2011

True Blood

I'm still feeling good and my blood sugar has been holding steady in the 90s and low 100s. My energy has increased and I've been sleeping pretty well.

I had another blood test this morning. It was a lot quicker than the last; it doesn't seem as if the nurse took as much blood this time around. I'm feeling a lot more optimistic about my upcoming doctor's visit, which is next Thursday. I think my numbers will be better; we'll see. I'm confident that my blood sugar will be okay, but am curious what my other stats -- cholesterol, lipids, etc. -- will be like. I've been paying so much attention to my blood sugar that I've sort of put these other issues on the backburner. But as of my last test, my cholesterol and triglycerides were high and I was suffering from non-alcoholic fatty liver syndrome. Not good. I'm hoping that as my health improves in general that these numbers will improve, as well.

I'm also wondering what my current weight is. I actually attempted to weigh myself, but we need a new scale; either that or ours doesn't go high enough for my weight, which is entirely possible in my case. But I hope I've lost a few pounds. I think I have; people keep on commenting about how I look thinner. Still, I won't get the entire story until I step on my doctor's scale.

I'll be very disappointed if I haven't lost weight or have even gained weight (which again is entirely possible given my history). I've been training for my upcoming walk and am definitely getting stronger, and I've been eating really well. I could stand to exercise more, but am fitting it in when I can and can feel the difference. One of my friends even noted that I walk a lot more steadily now and that he can see how much stronger I've become.

Meantime, I have another week to (hopefully) knock off a few more pounds. We'll see. I'm just praying that all of this work I've been doing to take care of myself will start paying off...

No comments:

Post a Comment